Sunday, January 29, 2012

Shag rug 2.0

http://www.etsy.com/shop/meggiebabe

This is my second attempt at making the shag tshirt rug. Second, and much much better attempt! This time around when I was cutting the holes in the base of the rug I measured them out, instead of making holes where I thought it looked right. This gave the rug a more uniform look and decreased my over all time making the rug, even though it added a little more time to the start up portion!

Also to make the shag part a little more secure I made my cut out holes a scant 1/4 inch. It definitely made a huge difference. I hope the person who bought this from my etsy store enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it! Tutorial below!

http://ragsbysockmonkey.blogspot.com/2011/10/t-shirt-shag-rug-tutorial.html

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your sales :)

    I would certainly remake the tooth pillow or something like it, because that will be a great hit. Also like the rug. Not a fan of pink myself, but can see something like that in my bathroom

    ReplyDelete